Rosalyn Sheehy LL.B
Language: English (Native)
Rosalyn is a UK and Irish qualified Solicitor with previous legal experience in international magic circle firms in Cayman Islands, London, Dubai and Singapore. Rosalyn is a leading TOLES (Test of Legal English Skills) Trainer and Examiner and also teaches Legal English online to International lawyers. Rosalyn empowers and encourages students in a friendly and upbeat manner, instilling confidence and obtaining fast results. Rosalyn commands excellence. Students delight in doing extremely well in exams after her valued instruction.
Areas of Training:
|· Introduction to English Law and Legal English
· Test of Legal English Skills (TOLES) Trainer and Examiner
· UK Advocacy, Judiciary, Civil and Criminal Courts systems
· Civil and Common law comparative
|· Commercial Contract Drafting
· Public Speaking, Advocacy and Presentation Skills
· Legal Technology, AI and Smart Contracts
· Advanced Cambridge ESOL & IELTS Exam preparation.
Career Highlights and Key Clients:
As an experienced TOLES trainer and examiner, Rosalyn ensures international lawyers and law graduates fine-tune their Legal English skills whilst receiving terrific tips on TOLES exam preparation. Rosalyn also delivers online and on-site courses in UK law to Dubai delegates.
Rosalyn is an engaging and lively presenter with several years’ experience coupled with an infectious passion for teaching. Rosalyn teaches with a no-nonsense, fresh approach, giving insightful comments on all the necessary skills involved in the mastery of Legal English.
Rosalyn is Director of BLC Ireland, the Irish office of the British Legal Centre which runs intensive residential Summer School in Dublin. The school provides expert courses in Legal English, Commercial Contract Drafting and International Arbitration. The courses are combined with organised site- seeing literary and historic tours of Dublin plus trips to the iconic Cliffs of Moher in County Clare. Students from as far as Brazil, Oman and the Lebanon enjoy their awards ceremony at Trinity College Dublin.
Certification: Qualifications and Credentials:
- Certificate in Arbitration of International Disputes from the University of Leiden – 2020
- Post graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – University of Law, Bloomsbury, London, UK -2009
- B Degree in Law, University of Wales, Cardiff.- 2005
- CELTA Certificate, Dublin School of English -2016
- Kaplan Commercial Contract Drafting Certificate – 2018
Affiliations, Activities and Awards:
· Regular TOLES presenter for EMG Associates, Muscat, Oman
· Contributes articles and teaching content to The Legal Professional magazine in Germany
· Writes articles for the University of Law, London Alumni website.